So often crab meat is mixed with mayonnaise (I’ve already done a post myself) but this is a fresh alternative which is a bit more sophisticated and interesting.
Recipe for crab with coriander
Serves two for lunch with bread, or four as a starter
- 1 baby gem
- 1 tbsp garlic oil (or warm some oil and infuse a garlic clove in it for an hour or so
- 150g/6 oz crab meat
- About two inches/5 cm of cucumber, diced small
- 2 spring onions (peeled, tailed, finely sliced to include an inch or so (couple of cm) of the green stem. Save a few for garnish.
- 2 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 lime, zest and juice. Save the zest for garnish
- About four full, healthy stems of coriander
- Smoked salt and freshly ground pepper
- Cut the baby gem lengthwise in half, and then each half again into quarters.
- Mix the crab, cucumber, spring onions, yoghurt, and seasoning. Taste.
- Snip in the coriander.
- Add about half of the lime juice, taste. Add more lime juice as you think works.
- Arrange on either two, or four plates according to whether you want a starter or a lunch
- Drizzle the garlic oil over the baby gem.
- Garnish with lime zest, a few spring onions, and maybe a coriander leaf or two if you have any left.