This salad has an intriguing mix of the mashy avocado and the crunchy sugar snaps and pumpkin seeds.
The key flavour however is black olive. You need to use olive infused oil best made ideally a week or so before. I usually have a big jar always available for adding to all kinds of things, or for people to plunder before dinner. Go here for the recipe. If you don’t have time to do this add a teaspoon of tapenade to the dressing.
Recipe for Crunchy-mashy Olive-pervaded Salad
- 200g/10 oz sugar snap peas – cooked according to the packet – I find putting them in the microwave is quickest
- 1 ripe avocado – taken out of its skin and chopped
- 2 little gem lettuces – shredded
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds (or munchy seeds if you have no pumpkin seeds to hand)
- flakes of Parmesan
- 1 tsp grainy mustard
- smoked salt and Indonesian long pepper
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 240ml/1 cup olive oil – to make the olive infused oil follow this link. use 4 tbsp of this oil once you have taken the olives you need out
- put the avocado, baby gem and sugar snaps together in a salad bowl.
- mix the remaining ingredients to make a dressing.
- dress and toss!
© saucy dressings 2014