This is a brilliant way of using up leftover chicken or turkey – but if you don’t have that it can stand on its own.
Serve with freshly baked bread rolls.
Minty winter salad of peas, ham and feta
Ingredients for the salad
- 300g/2 cups frozen peas
- 130g/4 oz honey roast ham
- 1 baby gem lettuce
- 6 spring onions
- About 10 mint leaves
- 200g/7 oz feta cheese (from Greece!)
- Any leftover chicken or turkey you might have (optional)
Ingredients for the dressing
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsps sherry vinegar
- 2 tsps Dijon or grainy mustard
- 2 tsps soft brown sugar, or resiny honey
- Smoked salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Defrost the peas in the microwave, by adding a little water to the bag and cooking on high for three or four minutes. Drain.
- Shred the baby gem and put into a medium-sized salad bowl.
- Add the peas. Crumble in the feta. Snip in the spring onions. Tear in the mint leaves. Cut the ham into strips, and add. Add any leftover chicken or turkey you may have lying around.
- Make the dressing. Pour over the salad. Toss. Serve!