If you are a vegetarian you can just leave out the chorizo in this recipe.
Recipe for Pasta With Cavolo Nero and Chorizo
• 500g/1 lb 2 oz dried penne
• 2 cloves of garlic, crushed with skins on (I think by far the easiest way of dealing with garlic for all kinds of reasons is the Royal VKB cosh. go to Amazon)
• 400g/14 oz (2 x 200g bags) cavolo nero (tear out stems)*
• 3 tbsp pine nuts (fry without oil a minute or so if you have time)
• 75 ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
• 300g/3 cups grated Parmesan (two of these are for people to put on afterwards)
• 4 inches (about 10cm) of chorizo, cut into small dice
• 240 ml (1 cup) low fat (runny – not the thick Greek type) yoghurt
1. cook the pasta as normal – bringing a large, open pan of salted water to the boil and add half a tsb of olive oil. add the penne and stir vigorously to ensure none stick together. Boil for about thirteen minutes, until ‘al dente’.
2. bring a big saucepan of salted water to boil and add the crushed garlic
3. when boiling add torn cavolo nero leaves
4. warm the yoghurt VERY gently
5. after five minutes drain and rinse in cold water. shred with a lettuce knife
6. remove the garlic, take off skin and crush
7. add the garlic, the cavolo nero, the pine nuts, the yoghurt, about a cup of Parmesan, the diced chorizo, and the olive oil and coat the cooked pasta.
8. drizzle a bit more olive oil over, serve with the remaining Parmesan.
2014 © Saucy Dressings