This is a way of making quick nibbles to keep the ravenous hoards going if dinner is going to be a bit later than planned…..it’s all store cupboard stuff – if you don’t have a baguette, any bread, cut into small squares, will do.
They are so straightforward that it is easy to get another – family or guest – to help.
Recipe for dual-coloured quick crostini
For about eight people (they get on average two each)
- One small baguette, approximately 8”/20 cm long
- 190g/7 oz jar green pesto – at room temperature
- 190g/7 oz jar sundried tomato paste – at room temperature
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the oven to about 210°C
- Cut the baguette into 16 slices – about ½”/1 cm thick
- Put on a flat baking tray lined with silicone paper
- Drizzle over a little olive oil (this helps to stop the crostini going soggy)
- Put the crostini in the oven for about five minutes – watch them carefully – as soon as they are golden, take them out.
- Divide the sundried tomato paste between the slices, and then top each with a generous spoonful of pesto – finish the jar.
- Serve with a flourish!
Do you know the difference between bruschette and crostini? If you are interested to know follow this link.